Saturday, September 17, 2011

Routines vs. Bad habits

I'm lying in bed typing this on my phone, trying to get Lorelai to sleep. Part of our nightly routine is to snuggle up in my bed and for Lorelai to nurse until she falls asleep. We do formula for every feeding because my milk supply never came in good no matter what I did, but we have hung onto this nighttime nursing session. I love it because it is something only I can give her, and it helps me feel closer to her. It is one of my favorite parts of the day.

But I worry that the routine is going to lead to a bad habit. I do not want her sleeping in our bed all the time, but every night I let her fall asleep there.
She is still in our room at night, because I've not felt comfortable putting her in her crib (especially since I've not got around to getting a monitor)

It's just so easy to get her to sleep and then let her lay there until I'm ready for bed and move her.

I know I just need to suck it up and change the routine to another location so I don't have more trouble in the future, but it's just not gonna be the same :(

No comments:

Post a Comment